Friday, March 14, 2008

Back to it...

The encyclopedia that is. :)
I haven't gotten too far considering how long ago i started this. So here we go onto the next letter...

{M}



{Miranda}


Born 3.07am Thursday 16th August 2007. Miranda Celise made her grand entrance 4 hours after my waters broke @ 11pm. She was obviously in a hurry to come out as it all happened so quickly. Daniel & I drove to the hospital quite calmly as i wasn't having any contractions at that stage. Miranda's birth was so straight forward. I missed out on having the epidural though as she didn't want to wait lol. Which was actually fine by me as i couldn't imagine laying still for a whole 5 minutes while they put it all in.

Anyway, Miranda arrived without any complications and weighed 2.1kg. She had apgar scores of 9 and got on the breast straight away. We chose Celise as her middle name as i wanted to try to incorporate my Poppy's name, Cecil, somehow. Celise was the nicest option i could think of and luckily Daniel liked it too.

Miranda is now almost 7 months old and is commando crawling already. :0 She also has 2 teeth, can play with her feet, chats away all day, sleeps well & is generally a very happy baby. She has taken to solids like a real champ. She has enjoyed everything so far and unlike her sister, doesn't make too much of a mess lol.


{Motherhood}

This is definitely the best job in the world!! I feel so lucky to have 3 perfectly healthy and happy children. They all fill me with so much joy and pride. Things are getting easier with the girls now so i feel much more relaxed about the whole gig. Coban obviously has typical toddler behaviour at times which really gets to me but i just have to remember that it will pass (hopefully!!). He is a very gorgeous, polite little boy mostly and he often makes me laugh.

My favourite thing in the world to do is to go and look at them when they are asleep. Coban is usually up the other end of the bed all twisted and both of the girls sleep with their bums in the air which i just *love*. I just have to put my hand on their cute little bums when they do it lol.

I will not be having any more kids though. As much as i enjoy being a Mum. 3 kids is just perfect for us and i really don't want to buy a people mover lol. I like my fast sporty car. ;)


{Melissa}

Mel is my bestest friend in the whole wide world! I first met Mel in 2001 (?) when we worked together in a Pharmacy. We were both there for about 3 years and then we both headed to different jobs. We have stayed in touch that whole time and in 2003 she was my maid of honour when i got married.



Mel called me up one day to tell me that she was pregnant (after having endometriosis and being on the pill lol) and at that point i thought i may have been too. I called her the very next day to confirm that i was indeed pregnant as well. Her daughter Emerald was born 2 weeks before Coban and are now good friends too. Although we don't see them as much as we'd like, I know Mel & I will be the best of friends forever!




{N}



{Needles}

Apparently as a child, i was always fascinated with needles. I would sit and watch as my brother got his immunisations and think it was wonderful. (Maybe it was watching him bawl his eyes out that i liked the most LOL). I wouldn't go as far as to say that i *loved* needles but they certainly don't bother me. I did skip a day of school when the tetanus injections were being done but i think that was more about me not wanting to go to school lol. I have had so many needles and blood tests in the past 3 years that they really don't bother me at all. The ones that hurt the most were when i had to get teeth pulled out at the dentist and i had to have needles in the roof of my mouth. ***OUCH***


{Non-Conformist}

That was me as a teenager. As soon as we moved to Melbourne i changed from being a straight A, diligent student to being just a tad obnoxious to my teachers lol. One thing that i remember
quite clearly was when i was in yr 9 and i would wear my 8 up Doc Martins with my summer school dress (i was a bit grungy back then lol). Every time i got told off and told to wear proper school shoes, i would say that it wasn't my fault that my family was so poor that they couldn't afford any more shoes. ROFL. Even though my Doc Martins cost loads more than a pair of school shoes. Anyway, one teacher told me that i could get a pair of school shoes from the lost property and it was from then that i started to wear normal school shoes lol.

The list is quite long actually, of things that i did that weren't allowed etc. I wagged school more often than not from about yr 9. I was suspended from school in yr 9 due to apparently having an attitude problem. I was actually in the right but as usual, i took it a bit too far lol. My Mum wasn't too impressed with the school so she took me out and put me into another school which was a heck of a lot better. Even though i didn't change much lol.

I was also a smoker at school. I got busted once walking to school but my Mum already knew that i smoked so i wasn't worried. It was quite funny though because i would smoke in the school grounds all the time and never once got caught lol. I could go on but i think i should stop before i incriminate myself any further lol.

Sorry Mum. ;) And Chantelle, you are not allowed to do what i did!! I was BAD! PMSL.



{Nicknames}

In primary school i was known as 'Poshy' (not sure why as i was far from posh) & 'Fish Lips' (for obvious reasons lol). In High School i was 'Angel May', 'Angel', 'Areow'. And Mum used to call me 'Reeby' as a child as my middle name's Maree. Not very exciting really but i couldn't think of anything else for 'N'. lol



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, i'm stuck on 'D'!!
Sxx