Sunday, January 06, 2008

Never again!!!

We made it back from our camping trip...but only just. It was SO darn hot, I thought i was going to die. And no, i'm not exaggerating. We were camping along the Murray River, East (??) of Echuca. We had a pretty good camping spot with no-one else close by which was nice. Plus there weren't too many boats going past all the time so that was another bonus. Anyway, we arrived on the Thursday after Xmas and it was already pretty hot. Come Saturday and I was well and truly over the heat!! I was told that it reached 45 degrees in the shade. We managed to keep the kids cool-ish and in good spirits but it took so much energy to do this and to make sure that they weren't over heating, that Daniel & I were absolutely buggered! So we decided to go back to a friend's place in Echuca for the rest of our trip. We headed there on Sunday.

The next few days were wonderful!! Such great company and so relaxing. All the kids were perfectly behaved and got along so well. We spent New Years Eve there and it was such a great time. I don't remember having such a wonderful New Years in a long time. It was only a small affair but the company made the night just perfect! I only had 2 glasses of red wine and spent the rest of the night drinking lemonade. But i laughed so hard all night, anyone would have thought i was pissed lol. Unfortunately i don't have any pics of the night after the kids went to bed. Too scared i'd drop my camera into the spa lol.

So i think camping in extreme heat is out from now on. It was a little ambitious of us to think that we'd be ok but we were really looking forward to getting out of the house that i don't think we really thought it out too well. Oh well!

While we were camping, both Miranda & Claudia decided that they preferred to be on their tummies. So just to stress me out, they slept this way each night. I was constantly checking them to make sure that they were still breathing lol. Coban decided to cut a hole in the fly screen on the tent that we borrowed from my FIL too. Daniel was with him when it happened and he was ropeable!! Coban had to go and lay down in the tent. Thankfully my FIL wasn't angry about it. We just need to get it fixed which shouldn't be too hard.

I took heaps of photos while we were away so i will show some of my faves:


The view from our camp spot.


Mr Koala who decided to set up camp in a big tree right near our tent.


Coban & Daniel watching the others fishing and playing in the water.


My cute boy.


And my all time fave photo. Miranda (right) and Claudia cooling off in a big tub of river water. They loved this so much!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the heat didnt' spoil your holiday to much....I think your brave camping with such young babies!...Great pic's

Anonymous said...

Oh sounds like a nice trip away! Gorgeous photos too!

Guess where we are off to tomorrow??? Visiting friends....in Echuca/Moama :)

Amy said...

Oh, I'm jealous of the camping! I'm so tired of the snow!

Wow, the girls are growing so fast! Love your new layout, it is stunning. Great photography!

And I love your A to Z idea! It's been fun getting to know you better.