Birthday parties rock!!
Coban's birthday party was a huge success. The weather was absolutely glorious and I am so glad that we decided to have it at the park. We chose the most beautiful big open park called Westerfold's Park in Templestowe and it was perfect. We managed to get a couple of tables under a couple of big trees so there was plenty of shade and room.
I made an Elmo cake and Coban loved it. I got a lot of comments from everyone there too so I was pretty pleased with myself lol. I was certain that i would stuff it up as I had to make the cake bigger so couldn't use the guidelines that i had.
I was so proud of Coban all day too. He was so well behaved and totally cute with food and dirt all over his face lol. He just can't help himself when we are in a park.
Here are some more pics of the day.
In the morning we decided to give him his main present which was a basketball ring and stand. He loved it and weplayed with that for ages. He then noticed the big cardboard box that it came in and climbed in for a rest. It was so adorable. I had a brilliant idea to turn the box into a boat for him. (Too much watching PlaySchool i think lol). So anyway, DH & I got to making this boat which took about 10 minutes and Coban thought that was just fabulous. So all in all it was a great day. I did wake up this morning with a major tummy ache and feeling sick so i think next time i won't eat as many chocolate crackles.
Here are a couple of my LO's to show:
Credits: Crazy Crafter by Sherri Tierney~available at DigiScrapShak
Credits: Too many things to mention.
And most of you already know this but our house was broken into Friday morning. The only things that were taken were 2 of DH's guitars so it's all just a bit too weird. Nothing else was taken or even touched so it seems that it may have been an inside job. At least that is our opinion anyway. I really hope they turn up at a second hand dealers somewhere and we get them back as the acoustic was DH's fave possession and has a lot of sentimental value to him.
Ok better go and do some grocery shopping now.

4 comments:
I'm glad to hear that Coban had a great time at his birthday party. That cake looks fabulous.
Ang sensational cake great job.
Hey Great cake!...well done!!..sounds like a great day....
and wow at the boat!..lol..
Happy belated birthday to your adorable little man!!!
Awesome job on the Elmo cake too!
Glad he had a great day!
Post a Comment