Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Chit Chat!!

I can't believe it is Wednesday already!

So we headed down to Point Lonsdale on the weekend expecting it to be hot but we were disappointed. The weather wasn't that bad but it wasn't hot enough for swimming at the beach. Coban still wanted to wander in and get wet but i would only go in a little bit becasue it was too cold lol. I am a big woos!! We were lucky enough to see the Spirit of Tasmania come through and it was pretty close. Such a big ship!!

The Spirit of Tasmania


Walking on the Beach.


Coban sitting in a big hole that I dug for him.


Coban enjoying a wizzy dizz by his Dad.


We came home on Sunday afternoon and walked in to a lovely clean home (I cleaned it all on Friday), which unfortunately didn't last for too long. Once we started unpacking the car and Coban started playing with his toys, it looked like we'd been home all weekend. And I still have so much to do. I keep meaning to sweep down the cobwebs that love to attach themselves to our ceilings. I probably should wash the windows (yuck), scrub the shower and bath, dust everything, clean walls and cupboards...It's never ending.

Monday I had a Dr's appt at the hospital. It took all of 3 minutes and then i was free to go. Waste of my time really. He checked my blood pressure and felt my tummy. Then asked if I had any questions and that was it! But the good news is that I am now 9 weeks. Still early days but at least I am onto the third month now. It feels good.

My Step-Dad came over last night after work. It was a lovely surprise as we weren't expecting him and we haven't seen him in a little while. Coban adores him and he was laughing hysterically while his Pop was playing and acting all silly. We ordered pizzas for dinner too which was great as we really didn't have anything to cook for dinner lol. It was going to be deep fried fish and chips which DH wasn't too impressed about.

I am starting to get a little worried about how we are going to manage in the next 6 months or so. We are supposed to be moving out of our house at the end of March but there is no way we will be able to come up with the bond for another place so quickly (I thought we had until the end of May). I am going to see if we can stay for another 4 months so that hopefully we can use our tax returns to pay for it. We are also supposed to be going on a 4wd'ing trip through the centre of Australia at the end of March which is going to cost a fair bit of money. Plus it's Coban's b'day on the 3rd April so his party will have to be before we go away and the presents to buy as well. And on top of all that, we need to come up with money to buy a new pram, 2 new cots, 2 new high chairs, 2 new car seats etc, etc... So yeah i'm stressing out a bit. Why can't life just be a little bit cruisy for a change?? :)

We all have our health though so it's not all bad.

On to scrapping now...

At DSS at the moment, there are SO many challenges to get involved in. This one has got to be the most fun. It is the Blog It Challenge and the 4th Blog It challenge was to doodle on a post it note. So here is my not very good attempt at doodling.



Here are the LO's I have managed to do lately:

This is the first ever picture of our twins.

My cute baby boy!!



This is our GodSon and his Dad when we were out for dinner recently.

4 comments:

Lis said...

Sounds like a fun weekend away..even if it wasn't too hot!!!

Love all the layouts, as usual :)

jodyg said...

It would be nice if life could be a bit cruisier financially wouldn't it. Great LO'S btw and your doodles look great

Chris said...

Sounds like you all had a fun weekend and The Spirit of Tasmania sure came in close to the beach. Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well too Angela and yes it would be nice it every now and again our finances would go a lot further. Thinking of you and I know you will manage through all this as difficult and stressful as it can be. Just take care of yourself and try not to stress too much about it all.

Anonymous said...

Angela... just wnated to pop in and say, please don't think you have to have 2 of everything with twins. We don't have very much money at all, yet I have still been able to give my girls everything they needed. They are still at 6 months in the same cot and do quite fine. Don't worry about high chairs until you really need them, you will find the rockers easier for the first little while anyway. Ebay is a great place to look for things, as you already know, but another thing you might consider to cut costs is to join the local Multiple Birth Association. I joined and have founf it to be wonderful. They have a trading section of the newsletter, and I actually bought my high chairs for $50 each from there. There is always other twin Mum's wanting to get rid of stuff for a good price. Anyway, just thought I would put my 2c in, and let you know that twins really aren't expensive. The only thing I am going to find expensive is when they go into big beds, but even then I have found really cheap beds. If you want to talk more about it, you know where to find me.
Keep well, and please don't stress, you need to grow those bubbas!
(Sorry for the novel)