Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oh No!!

Tuesday seemed to be going so well. It seemed luck was on my side until about 4pm....

It was a stinking hot day and Coban and I were spending it inside as I wasn't feeling all that well. We don't have an air conditioner but we do have a pretty effective evaporative cooler which we had on. Suddenly the electricity went out. Apparently the smoke from the bushfires had played havoc with the main electricity supply to Victoria. So for 2 hours, Coban & I suffered through the 40 degree heat with absolutely no power.

To make matters so much worse, DH called me at 6pm to say that he had just crashed my car. Now to many people, a car is a car! But I love my car. She is just awesome. I think she's pretty sexy and boy can she can move lol. Enough about my love affair...

DH wasn't sure whether she would be fixed or written off as the steering line was snapped and he couldn't get a look inside to see what else was wrong. DH had her taken to his work so
they could evaluate her situation.We are fully covered so we will be fine no matter what. But apparently after having a quick look over, they think they will be able to fix her up. So now it's just a matter of waiting for the insurance company to hurry up and give the go ahead.

DH sent me some photos of her today. I hadn't seen her at all since the accident.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yucko at the 40 degree day and no air con, we did that today with nothing but a fan... what torture.

Oh no at your poor car, hope it gets fixed soon.

Deb

Lis said...

Your poor car :( Hope you've got it back by now and it's all fixed!